As we draw close to the end of another year, many people will be looking ahead to 2014 and making plans to study with Patong Language School. If you’re planning to study with us and stay in Phuket for an extended period of time, you’ll probably be wondering how much to budget for your stay. To help you out, we asked a few of our staff and students to share their average monthly living expenses with us. Today we spoke with Craig, who has been taking private Thai lessons with PLS since August 2012.
How much do you spend each month on the following:
- Accommodation: “I rent a 2 bedroom villa with a swimming pool in Kamala for 15,000 Baht per month. I also hire a maid to keep the place clean for 12,000 Baht per month.”
- Utility bills: “I pay around 1,500 Baht each month for electricity and 700 Baht per month for cable. Water and WiFi are free at my home.”
- Transportation: “I have a scooter and probably spend about 500 Baht per month on gasoline, rego and insurance.”
- Food: I eat a lot of farang food which costs more than Thai food, I would say I spend 12,000 Baht per month on food.”
- Nightlife and entertainment: “About 2,000 Baht per month.”