Rainy season is upon us and although we’ve recently had many beautiful, sunny days, this week has been a bit of a wet one.
But fear not! There are still plenty of things to do in Phuket on a rainy day. Here’s 10 suggestions for you:
1. Get a Thai massage. Inexpensive and amazing.
2. Watch a movie. The cinema in Jungceylon, Patong, shows films in both Thai and English.
3. Go to a Muay Thai boxing match. If you’ve ever wandered around Patong, you can probably finish this sentence – “Tomorrow night, tomorrow night …!”
4. Take a Thai cooking class. Your friends back home will love you for it.
5. Go to the Phuket Aquarium. If you can’t go to the beach, at least you still get to see the fish.
6. Go shopping. Aside from all the regular stores inside Jungceylon (many of which have great discounts), you can spend hours wandering around ‘That’s Siam’, on the basement floor. Arts, crafts, food, massage – it’s all here.
7. Visit a few museums. There’s the seashell museum, the mining museum, Thai Hua museum – to name a few. There’s also a butterfly garden in Phuket Town for something a little bit different.
8. Eat. This is my personal favourite. Sit in a cafe or restaurant, watch the storm pass, stay dry and most importantly: eat good food.
9. Splash Jungle. You don’t need to worry about rip tides at Phuket’s waterpark. And hey, you’re already wet, so why not?
10. Learn a language at Patong Language School. You’ll stay nice and dry inside and thanks to our cafe, you won’t even have to venture outside for coffee!
If you’re interested in learning a language with us, take a look at the courses we provide https://www.phuket-languageschool.com/programs/