When it comes to the beaches in Phuket, everyone has their favourite. We’re spoilt for choice here, with so many beautiful spots to choose from. It may be low season but the weather has been incredible for the past month.
There’s nothing quite like a day at the beach – with friends or just relaxing by yourself with a good book and your ipod. Pack a picnic … or don’t, it might not last long in the heat. But you don’t have to go far for a refreshing drink – in fact, the drink comes to you. Along with swimwear, shirts, sunglasses and all kinds of weird things you’ll probably never find a use for, that sellers wandering the sands insist you cannot live without.
We’re very lucky at Patong Language School – Patong Beach is just a short walk away! But here are a few of our favourite beaches outside of Patong:
- Nai Harn Beach. Not as busy as some of the more touristy beaches and a favourite of many expats, Nai Harn is a great spot to relax. Located at the south end of Phuket, you’ll find some great restaurants nearby and Promthep Cape is only 5 minutes drive away if you’re still around at sunset.
- Kamala Beach. A beautiful beach and generally very quiet in low season. Stay here for sunset and you’re guaranteed to get some amazing photos! It’s just a 10-15 minute drive from Patong.
- Paradise Beach. If you don’t want to venture far from Patong, this sheltered bay is definitely worth a visit. But shhhh … we don’t want everyone to find out about it!
- Kata Beach. Yes, it’s a popular beach with tourists – but there’s a reason for that! It is still one of Phuket’s nicest beaches.
- Laem Singh Beach. A stunning beach in Surin that is becoming increasingly popular and a great spot to visit all year-round.
There is no better destination to learn Thai than Phuket. Click here for more information about Phuket and Patong Beach.