So you’ve booked a language course with us. Check. The next thing to think about is what kind of visa to get:

ED Visa

If you enrol to study with us for 3 months or more, we will happily assist you with your ED visa application. In that case, you should apply for a single entry Non Immigrant ED visa, which will give you an initial 90 days. Once in Thailand, we will provide all the documents needed to extend your visa for the length of your studies.

Tourist Visa

Anyone can apply for a Tourist Visa but the length of the visa depends on your nationality. Most people can get a 60 day visa, which can then be extended a further 30 days at the Immigration office in Phuket Town – giving you 90 days total without ever having to leave the country. If you’re studying for 1-3 months, a Tourist Visa is probably your best option.

Tourist Visa Exemption

You might not even need a visa to enter Thailand. There are currently 48 countries on the Tourist Visa Exemption list, which means that people from those countries can stay here for either 15 or 30 days without any visa (15 days if you enter by land, 30 days if you arrive by plane). This is great for students who want to study with us for just 2 or 3 weeks and it’s free!

Thai visa regulations change frequently, so it’s important that you check the current requirements with the Thai embassy or consulate where you will be submitting your application. 

If you’re still not sure which kind of visa is right for you, we’re happy to help and answer any questions you might have. Click here for our enquiry form.