So, you’ve booked your course with Patong Language School and your flight to Phuket is sorted – now it’s time to think about where to stay. There are so many options available to short and long term visitors, the selection can be overwhelming at first.
Luckily for you, we’ve put together a quick list of tips and things to consider when deciding where to stay:
- Wait. We think it’s best to wait until you arrive in Phuket and see the room for yourself before booking. If you really want to organise a room before you get here, we suggest you just book it for the first night or two and take the time to check out your options.
- Locate. Prices tend to be less expensive the further you are from the beach. If you want to stay in Patong, have a look around the Nanai Road area. If you have your own transport, check out Kathu (around a 15 minute drive from Patong) for cheaper apartments, condos and houses.
- Activate. Most apartments and houses for rent aren’t actually advertised online, so walk, drive or take a motorbike taxi around the areas that you’d like to live and look for signs advertising rooms for rent.
- Investigate. If you’re renting an apartment, condo or house, be sure to ask about the monthly utility bills. Most apartments and condos will charge more than the government rate in order to cover general building costs. Ask if the rent includes extras, such as WiFi and cable TV.
- Negotiate. If you’re planning to be here for more than a month, be sure to let the staff/owner know and ask about getting a discounted rate. They might even discount it further if you pay in advance.
We look forward to seeing you here in Patong Beach very soon!