ED visa

get a free Thailand ED visa when you study at Patong Language School

A 50% deposit is required (100% payment for 3-month courses) and a copy of your passport to commence your application for a Thailand ED visa. We will also need some personal details: your job, your address, your parents’ names, and your monthly budget for your stay in Thailand. We will send you a link to an online form to be completed.

There are 5 steps to getting a Thailand ED visa
  1. Enrol with Patong Language School for at least a 3-month language course in Phuket
  2. The school will apply for a visa letter from the Ministry of Education
  3. You apply for your ED visa while outside of Thailand
  4. The Ministry of Education certify your enrolment in Phuket
  5. You apply for ED visa extensions at the Phuket immigration office for the duration of your language course. A visa extension fee must be paid to the Immigration office each time, but no ‘visa runs’ are required.
PLS can provide documents for an ED visa application
  1. If you book your language course with us before coming to Thailand, then you can apply for your ED visa outside Thailand also. We can provide a letter to support your ED visa application at a consulate or embassy. You will be able to get a 90-day ED visa, which can be extended further in Phuket.
  2. If you are already in Thailand and would like to change from a ‘B’ visa or tourist visa, then you require some documents from our school and a letter issued by the local education office to present at a consulate or embassy outside Thailand when applying for your ED visa.
Minimum study hours to qualify

We assist in arranging Thailand ED visas for students that study languages with us full-time. This means a minimum of four lessons per week.

  • 3 months (48 lessons)
  • 6 months (96 lessons)
  • 12 months (200 lessons)
The required documents
  • passport
  • passport photo
  • school documents (license and letter)
  • receipt for your course from our school
  • completed application form
Frequently asked questions about Thailand ED visas

Do I have to get an ED visa to study a language in Phuket?

Do you guarantee that I will get an ED visa?

What nationalities can apply?

How much does the ED visa cost?

Can I change my tourist visa or type B visa for an ED visa in Thailand?

How long does it take to get the documentation for the Thailand ED visa?

Do I have to report to Immigration?

How long can I study on an ED visa?

Is it possible leave Thailand once I have an ED visa?

Do I have to make visa runs?

Is it possible to work with an ED visa?

Can I re-apply for an ED visa?

Can I change schools and keep my ED visa?

Spread the word

Come visit us in Patong Beach and see for yourself what we're all about.

Then tell your friends!


Location Map

Recent Posts

Find us on Facebook